In this section you can find answers to several questions related to your hearing. If you have an alternative question please contact us and we will be happy to assist.
Is there a guarantee with hearing aids?
Will a hearing aid restore my hearing?
Will I need a hearing aid for both ears?
How do I know which hearing aid will be best for me?
What are the different types and styles of hearing aids?
How will a hearing aid improve my quality of life?
- Communication in relationships
- Intimacy and warmth in family relationships
- Ease in communication
- Sense of control over your life
- Social participation
- Perception of mental functioning
- Emotional stability
If I think I have a hearing problem, what should I do?
Are there different types of hearing loss?
- Sensorineural – This is the most common type of hearing loss and occurs when the inner ear nerves (and hair cells) are damaged and do not properly transmit auditory signals to the brain. Fortunately this can be treated with hearing aids.
- Conductive – This type of hearing loss is not so common and is typically the result of obstructions in the ear. This can usually be treated medically or surgically.
- Mixed – This type can be caused by a combination of sensorineural and conductive hearing loss.
What are the most common hearing loss causes?
How can I recognise hearing loss?
- Do I often ask people to repeat themselves?
- I have trouble following conversations with more than two people?
- Do I have difficulty hearing what is being said unless I\’m facing the speaker?
- Does it sound like other people are mumbling or slurring their words?
- Do I struggle to hear in crowded places such as restaurants, shopping centres and meeting rooms?
- Do I have a hard time hearing women or children?
- Do I prefer the TV or radio volume louder than others?
- Do I experience ringing or buzzing in my ears?
I can only speak highly of your products and service. My own hearing aids are a boon to me and you have always been very helpful and kind.
So pleased with my new ears! I can even listen to my phone on them! Amazing
Wonderful friendly service, heavily blocked ears and now I can hear again. Highly recommend
Very helpful knowledge service. Staff very friendly and nothing is too much trouble.